How Much is My Car Worth? Use the Tool Below to Value Your Trade
It’s easy to find out how much your trade-in vehicle is worth at McGrath Acura of Westmont. With our trade-in calculator, you can quickly get the fair market price, and our sales professionals can help you find a new vehicle that will be the right fit for your budget. Bring your old car to our Naperville area Acura dealership today!
How To Trade-In My Car
Here are a few important steps to follow when trading in your car for a newer model:
- If your trade-in doesn’t cover the value of your new vehicle, contact our finance department to get a low-interest loan that will cover the remaining amount.
- Do you still owe money on the car you want to trade-in? We’ll be happy to help you work out the details.
- Once you have determined your trade-in value, browse our inventory of new and used vehicles to find the model that best suits your needs.
- Ready to make a trade? All you have to do is bring your vehicle to McGrath Acura of Westmont along with the title, registration, key, and any applicable auto loan information. Our team will inspect the vehicle and finalize the trade-in amount.
If you have any further questions about trading in your car, please contact us online or give us a call today!
How Much is My Car Worth?
When you’re ready to sell your car, truck and SUV for top dollar value, the first thing that springs to mind is “how much is my car worth?” And if so then we’ve got some good news – with our free online trade in value tool you can find out in just a few minutes.
What’s more. We will also share in the article below a few easy and simple things you could do to boost the value of your car, truck and SUV.
Here’s How the Value of Your Car is Determined
Most online car appraisal tools use multiple data points to determine how much is your vehicle worth. Knowing what these factors are can help you get the highest price for your car when it’s time to sell or trade in.
1. Location of the vehicle. You would think that an Acura MDX is an Acura MDX it’s and its value should be approximately the same no matter where in the States it is, right? But when we look closely at it we will notice that certain used vehicles in one area or state may command higher prices on average than other areas and states.
This is because in the Midwest, where harsh winter weather has effect on how people live their lives and drive, SUVs and all-wheel drive vehicles are in higher demand than say Florida and they are worth more.
Or in rural areas that have long distances to travel between places due to terrain or location constraints convertibles aren’t in demand and SUVs command higher prices.
2. Mileage and condition. It makes sense – the more miles on your vehicle, the less its value is. Would you pay top dollar for a vehicle with 150,000 miles on it when there are so many other used cars with fewer miles? You won’t.
Condition is another important factor when determining a used vehicle’s value. For example, the seller might describe his well-maintained car as in excellent condition while the buyer may only grade it to be good.
In general, the condition of a vehicle is closely related to its mileage. But the two are not directly correlated. There are low-mileage vehicles that have sustained significant wear and tear in relatively short periods of time (think dents and scratches as well as mechanical issues). Needless to say, these used cars will be worth less even if they don’t have a lot of miles on them.
3. Makes and models. Certain brands and models are in higher demand than other vehicles, which will make them worth more when sold. You’ve got the vehicle you’ve got and there’s nothing you can do to change that now.
However, there are things you could do to boost the value of your car, truck or SUV and in this article, we’ll discuss some ways to increase your vehicle’s value.
4. Options and add-ons. Some options and add-ons are worth more than others in terms of resale value. Options like automatic transmissions or all-wheel drive can help increase the trade in value of your vehicle as well as a premium audio system or leather seats. Such perks will make your car stand apart from most other vehicles when it comes down to determining the trade-in value.
The opposite is also true, though – your car, truck or SUV will be worth less if it doesn’t have standard features like air conditioners and automatic windows.
Tips on Increasing the Resale Value of Your Car
You might be wondering how you can get the most money for your used car? The bad news is that there are no guarantees when it comes to price and people tend not to buy any old vehicle on impulse, but if a buyer feels that your vehicle is a good deal you might get more for your car.
And here’s the good news – there are certain things we could do to increase our cars’ worth without having to put too much money into it.
1. Interior detailing. It’s understandable that no one will pay top dollar for a car with dirt into the carpet and crumbled greasy fast food bags on the back seat. That is just basic upkeep, anyone trying to get maximum value out of their car should do – clean it!
Keep in mind that you might need to use professional help and that will set you back a few hundred dollars but it might be well worth it.
2. Exterior detailing. You can clean the outside of your car with a simple car wash, and clean the wheels with wheel cleaner bought from your local parts store.
Or you could do one better and wax the paint to increase its curb appeal. All you need for that is a good quality auto polish, elbow grease and some towels.
3. Proper car maintenance. It’s absolutely crucial to do all necessary maintenance on your car. The quickest way a good vehicle goes bad is by skipping any mandatory upkeep.
Be sure to hold onto receipts for any work done on your vehicle. If you can’t find a receipt, call the repair shop and they should be able to reprint it for you.
With all that being said remember one thing – no matter what the online trade in tool tells you what the value of your car is you will still have to bring it to our Acura dealership for a final inspection and offer.
Tips for Getting the Most Money for Your Used Car or SUV
1. Sell it as a private seller. That’s how you will get the most for your used vehicle. Be aware of the downside, though. You will be getting a lot of message if you decide to post your vehicle in Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.
Most of them will be from tire kickers which means a waste of time. Also, it might take quite some time to sell your car – a few weeks or maybe a month.
2. Use a car consignment service. There are many of them out there. That can also take time and you will have to pay a commission for the service. At the same time, you won’t have to spend your nights and weekends doing test drives with complete stranger so using a consignment service to sell your car might be worth it.
3. Sell it McGrath Acura of Westmont. That’s right – sell it to us. Scroll up, use our trade-in value tool to determine what’s your car worth, bring it to the dealership for a final inspection and get a check. Or you can use the amount as a down payment on a new Acura.
In this blog post, we’ve shared a few tips about how you can get top dollar for your used car without spending a fortune.
What’s next? Scroll up to our online trade-in value tool that will estimate the value of your vehicle. All you have to do is provide us with the year, make, model and trim of your car as well as some personal information.
It takes just a few minutes and you will get our best offer on your used car.