How Can You Become a More Efficient Driver?
Driving efficiently means you don’t need to stop for gas as frequently around Naperville, saving you time and money. But it can be a challenge, especially if you get stuck in traffic or experience unexpected driving conditions. The good news is that there are plenty of ways to be conscious of efficient driving to make commuting or carpooling as affordable as possible. See what McGrath Acura in Westmont has to offer.
5 Tips to Drive More Efficiently
As you drive around the Elmhurst area, consider these tips to help you save fuel and become a more efficient driver:
- Maintain Speed: Driving the posted speed limit and maintaining the speed helps you preserve fuel. When you fluctuate speeds between quick accelerations and quick stop, it uses more of your fuel, not to mention it can cause damage to your braking system.
- Accelerate Slowly: Slamming on the gas pedal when starting up your car or when the light turns from red to green wastes fuel. Accelerate slowly and gently in order to save on gas usage and to protect the overall health of your vehicle.
- Coasting: If you’re driving around parts of Downers Grove where there aren’t many traffic lights, or you’re on the highway, using features like cruise control allows your vehicle to maintain a steady speed and decelerate slow.
- Check Traffic: Living near larger cities is great for fun things to do, but it can also mean more traffic. Before driving anywhere, be sure to check for the best possible route with the least amount of traffic. When you are stuck in traffic, be sure to keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front of you, so you can maintain an average speed.
- Vehicle Weight: The lighter your vehicle is, the more fuel efficient it is. Avoid carrying around heavier items, such as bicycles, large pieces of luggage, or sports equipment, unless you need them.
Maintaining Your Vehicle
Another necessary aspect of being a fuel-efficient driver is to keep up with regular maintenance. This ensures that your engine and other vehicle components are working properly. These services include:
- Wheel alignments
- Oil changes
- Tire rotations
- Brake repair and replacement
- Coolant flush and replacement
McGrath Acura of Westmont Helps You Be a Fuel-Efficient Driver
Whether you’re shopping for a new Acura or used vehicle with good fuel economy or ratings, or you need to keep up with routine maintenance, McGrath Acura of Westmont is here to help. Our sales team is ready to talk to you about our inventory and take you for a test drive, and the specially trained technicians in our service center help keep your vehicle in proper working order. Contact us to learn more or to set up a visit to our Westmont showroom.
Related Acura Pages:
Defensive Driving Tips