What is the Acura Integrated Dynamics System?
Standard in the Acura MDX, Acura TLX, and Acura RDX, the Acura Integrated Dynamics System offers precise control over your shifting points, power distribution, and more. The Acura IDS control module located on the center console lets you pick the exact performance you need for the situation, whether that’s a sudden snowstorm in Elmhurst or headed to a fine dining restaurant in Westmont, IL.
Acura IDS Modes
Different Acura models come equipped with a variety of IDS modes, so explore this guide to the available settings:
- Economy – Included in the Acura TLX, the Economy mode reduces the power to the automatic climate control system and adjusts shifting points for maximum fuel economy.
- Comfort – Exclusive to the Acura MDX and RDX, this mode adjusts your power steering for a lighter feel.
- Normal – The Normal mode is perfect for everyday driving, including errands in Naperville.
- Sport – For a more aggressive experience, the Sport mode speeds up the throttle response and engages more responsive steering. It’s included in all three models that have Acura IDS.
- Sport+ – Standard in the Acura RDX and Acura TLX, this mode amps up the performance capabilities of the Sport mode.
- Snow – New to the Acura RDX for 2019, this mode customizes the amount of torque going to each wheel for superior traction during Chicago snowstorms.
Learn More About Acura Features
At McGrath Acura of Westmont, we’re more than happy to help you find out which features you’ll need in your next car. Explore the advantages of the A-Spec package or the AcuraWatch suite of active safety features.